Fact sheets etc for health practitioners...?

• Hey forum folks!

I didn't know where to put this so I hope this is the right(-ish?) place! If not, feel free, mods, to move it to a better suited spot.

Can any body please direct me to some links/docs/resources for practitioner education/awareness?

I am seeing a psychologist who seems to not really understand MECFS or 'believe it is real'. I'm not a hundred percent sure (but let's be real, we've all been there)...My sense is they may think it is just depression.

Aaaaanyway, in case we have a conversation about it, are there any easy-to-digest but medico-speak-enough literature/links I can direct them to that basically myth bust any of the myths by a credible source?

I found this from the CDC but yeah if there is anything that I could use to say 'if you'd like more information from such and such institutions/credible organisations/bodies etc.... check such and such out" - to just fully bust those myths out of the water if you know what I mean.

Much gratitude in advance for any support and suggestions ❤ Thank you

• Community Moderator

Best of luck with your psychologist @coco (and nice find on those CDC links - they're solid on PEM and pacing if I recall correctly). In case it helps, here's a link to Emerge's page on practitioner eduction - they've got an accredited GP education module there, and a bunch of good resources linked at the bottom of the page as well (like the 2014 ICC primer):

https://www.emerge.org.au/health-professionals

• Hi @coco
    Allied health professionals including psychologist can do the Emerge Australia accredited GP education.
    Emerge Australia has partnered with ThinkGP to produce a two-part accredited online education series based on best-practice clinical information to assist health professionals to accurately diagnose and support patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome.
    https://www.emerge.org.au/thinkgp-modules