September Chat

• Morning all ... I was just thinking how hopping onto the forum daily has created a routine that I do enjoy and I look forward to the 'catching up' with everyone. Six months ago my world felt very small and finding ways to open that up seemed near impossible. I am so grateful for having this as an outlet to connect to likeminded people and I feel I have made some lovely friends out there in the world. I'm probably sounding a bit emotional about it but rightfully so, when what was before, is slowly parting from my world. I believe I have more confidence and courage to participate in whatever I am able to. I didn't get around to listening to the podcast as yet @Dot but I did move some stuff around in my loungeroom. I keep wondering about the little children and the effects of lockdowns on their lives as it is all over the news. You may have seen some this at work @artist55 .... engaging the children in art must be a wonderful outlet for them. @Glimmer hee hee ....at least you got some sleep . Hope everyone has a great day and manages through without too much difficulty ... 🤓

• @Dot Ah ha. I think you’re onto something here. You’ll have the CFS community well informed of the English language…. And sleeping better. Well we can hope.

• @crashdummy I agree with all you say. Yes I feel like I have a new family out there, and more importantly, one that understands.

• Community Moderator

Such a lovely way to put it @crashdummy and @Glimmer I have been wanting to say for ages how much I appreciate the daily chat even though I haven't contributed to this thread. I really hope it doesn’t sound voyeuristic but reading them feels like I’m involved in a chat over a cuppa between supportive friends who understand you want the company but don’t have the energy to talk right now.

• Good morning,
    And special good wishes to the lovely dads out there on Father's day. ⭐

It was so good to read those comments about the sense of community here @crashdummy @Glimmer @gretch . And so nice to think there might be others who start their day reading our chat, even if they haven't commented yet.
    Cuppas for everyone! ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕

Extraordinary news! I tidied my desk yesterday! Completely tidied it so I could even wipe it over! Pretty sure that was the first time this year. My new view @crashdummy 😄

Haha @Glimmer the podcast could be recommended treatment for ME/CFS

Today I am hoping to get out and give Bernard Black and Fran, the compost bins, some care. They have been eating too many table scraps and not enough dry food, so I have a whole block of sugar cane mulch to make them happy. (My covid mask is so appreciated with a job like this).
    Note to self: just add a bit, don't wreck yourself doing the whole job today.

I hope you have some small, sensible and enjoyable task you can do today that makes you feel like progress has been made.

Best wishes all 🐢

• Good morning everyone 😊What lovely messages you have all been posting and I agree wholeheartedly about the sense of community and support 💕

It’s hard to know what the long term affects on children will be, but most little children amaze me with their resilience and acceptance of things that might send the rest of us into ostrich-mode @crashdummy. Maybe their imaginations and rich fantasy lives help them to cope and adjust?

The sun has come out here in WA so I’m off to spend some time in the garden. Stay safe x

• Morning to everyone ... there is some sun here today so I will attempt to do the same @artist55. I really want to get some herbs growing and I will have to wait for lockdown to be over to buy the seedlings. I'm just going to prepare the pots and area for them. I like to grow parsley, oregano, dill, and thyme as well as spring onions. We do have a community garden here in town but getting there and having the energy is another barrier. One good tip is to grow the herbs, wash and cut to fill ice cube trays and cover with water. Freeze the trays of herbed water cubes and when ready for use in recipes just throw a few cubes into the cooking. I find herbs easy to grow and low energy required plus they look great in decorated pots ... Hope everyone has a great day ... take care 🌱

• Good morning from sunny Melbourne and a creaky Dot,
    Guess who carefully didn't overdo it putting the mulch into the compost bins but then decided to fill the strawberry tower and it took about an hour of hard work and yikes the consequences re payback are awful.
    Yes, yours truly. How did you guess? 😥

@artist55 I think you are on the money about children. Generally they are extraordinary little balls of resilience, let's hope we can make the most of that resilience with all manner of care and support.
    I hope they are being lovely little balls of resilience in your classes today.

Lovely herbs @crashdummy I have also got parsley. Everywhere! And thyme, oregano and a battling little clump of chives. Plus a big rosemary bush by the gate with the bluest flowers! I grew it from a cutting from a bush I saw, especially for the wonderful rich blue. Whenever I buy a bunch of spring onions I plant the bottom inch and get to cut more stems. Great iceblock idea.

Well, I am taxi driver, for a friend with more complicated health problems than me, this afternoon. She is needing radiotherapy and has physical difficulties from a bad car accident years ago and a lot of anxieties from being autistic in a lifetime of being misunderstood. She is dreadful with time so I know in advance that driving her to and from hospital will be a whole lot more complicated than the plan. So I am going to have a lovely hot soak in the tub and then rest until it is time to be ready for her, and remind myself it won't be as hard as building a strawberry tower!

I am just off to look at my amazing strawberry tower and think about all the pleasure it will bring (and hope I will be more sensible when the time comes to rebuild it in the future).
    🍓 🍓 🍓

Best wishes to everyone today.

• A nice fresh morning here,
    My strawberry tower is still settling in, but so far so good.
    My chauffeuring went well.
    I accidentally kicked the water bowl of Miso the cat and got water all over the kitchen floor, to start the day.
    That's the news from my home! What is happening in yours?

Best wishes for a good day with at least one surprisingly nice thing happening. 💐

• Morning @Dot .... It is chilly here this morning as well .... Minty was very verbal, wanting her chicken with gravy cat food and drove me mad as she insisted I tend to it immediately! Are you growing the strawberries from seed or seedlings ? I haven't grown them before but would like to try.

• Good morning @Dot. Good that the chauffeuring went well. It was nice of you to do that and hopefully you keep well. I will look forward to a photo of big red strawberries. And it seems like it’s cat dilemma time. Also @crashdummy. I gave my cat some dry food this morning, but unfortunately I put them in the water bowl which she wasn’t impressed with, and it’s messy to clean up. 😏

• @Glimmer A blooper morning ... with cats and water!

• It's a lovely sunny Wednesday morning,
    I'm busy getting organised ready for home help. Just a quick break!
    Miso the cat is outside and I managed not to kick her waterbowl this morning.

Ha @crashdummy Cats do not like waiting.

I have those little strawberries that don't really run, they just kind of clump out (kind of like me 😉 ).
    I started with a couple of plants but each one clumps out to 6 to 8 plants each year. So I have them everywhere now! I wish I could push some through the monitor for you! They are so easy and very tasty little fruit (just a bit of a burden when there are 40 new ones to work out what to do with). (I'll take a photo of little strawberries @Glimmer 🕵 )

I'll see if I can put some out on the nature strip for people to take, come the weekend.

Okay, the kitchen needs a bit more work so homehelp can see the surfaces to clean!

Best wishes lovelies
    PS Miso the cat is back inside again 😼

• @Dot Those little strawberries sound lovely, I will get to the shops soon (hopefully) to buy some herb seedlings and I will look for the strawberry. The garden was just wonderful today with the weather being warm and I got a helper to move a couple of boulder type rocks around so I can grow some plants around them. Daffodils sprung up out of nowhere and I cut some to put in inside. Just loving this weather and the garden ...Good idea to put the surplus strawberries out ... I'm sure they will be gone in a flash .... Hope everyone had a lovely day and managed to do something out of the ordinary that we have all put up with for so long ....☀

• @crashdummy Good you’re getting some inspiration with the garden. I’m still trying to find a decent gardener (one who knows how to weed) and in the meantime the weeds have taken over. I did the shopping this morning, and had a dizzy spell driving home, and there was nowhere to pull over, so I had to ride it out! The spells usually only last a few seconds followed by a lightheadedness so thankfully this was the case. It’s a 30 minute drive so I was glad to get home. 😵💫

• @Glimmer That's not a great feeling, especially whilst driving. You would have been relieved once you got back home. Weeds in the garden ... what a nightmare ... once they take over it is a huge job to get it back in control ... We struggle with bindy in summer and the prickles are the worst. I have been laying small pebbles around the plants and bushes to keep weeds at bay. Slowly but surely it is getting done ... I just get a bag at a time as a bulk delivery of anything, will remain an eyesore until someone can wheelbarrow them (too much energy required for me) ... a thread on low energy gardens would be great! with tips and tools ... Hope you have a lovely restful day ...

• Wednesday morning. Lovely sun, lovely temperature. Too much wind. Ha, yes, always something to complain about 😄

@Glimmer what a fright. I am so glad you got through it okay.
    (i sometimes get a low blood pressure dizziness when driving, and pump my toes and fingers and squeeze my tummy muscles like mad to get blood up to my head. Is yours that sort?)

Well my garden is dominating life at the moment. I try to tell myself that it doesn't matter if I leave it, but I HATE to undo all the work I put in the other day, so I am trying to water and pick things and turn the compost. Ooh but I am skating too close to the edge in terms of overdoing it.

@crashdummy I am imagining how lovely plants will look around the boulders. And how wonderful to have daffodils!

@Glimmer I do hope you can find a gardener who is just wonderful. It is certainly the time of year when there is so much to be done.

@artist55 I'm thinking it is your last work day this week so have a lovely climb into your pyjamas when you get home, and yay for a gentle weekend.

Best wishes to everyone, good luck eating well, drinking plenty of water, and doing some activity that isn't too much, today. 🌷

• Oops afternoon already!

• @Dot Yes it’s windy here too, but a northerly wind is better than a southerly.
    I don’t know if my dizziness/vertigo is low blood pressure related. I could try the tummy squeezing. If it doesn’t work I may get strong ab muscles! I wound the window down yesterday and I think the fresh air helped. I usually worry about vision loss when out and about, but now there’s this as well. Getting to be a challenge.
    I finished episode 2 of the podcast last night. It’s the 2nd attempt and I may have to listen to it again! He’s a fast talker so it’s hard to keep up. And unfortunately it didn’t send me to sleep like the previous two nights.
    Hope you find that balance with the gardening and not overdo it. 😳

• Hello all😊

Whew! @Dot school is out and I am in my jammies but sadly no relaxing weekend ahead for me. Tomorrow the secondary school is having an art exhibition and I have been asked to judge some of the works. Then Saturday is school Open Day and it’s all hands on deck, so I’m feeling a bit worried about how I’ll get on next week 😔

@crashdummy your herbs and daffodils sound wonderful. Many moons ago when I was a little girl in Scotland our teachers used to give us daffodil bulbs to care for and plant in the spring. We used to keep them under the bed before they bloomed 😂

@Glimmer i was sorry to hear about your dizzy spell . Do look after yourself!
    That’s all from me. I’ve done something daft and I can’t get rid of the text box thingy so I’m typing blind 😂