September Chat

• Community Moderator

Hi @Dot and great thread 🙂 That Podcast looks interesting as well (I struggle to focus on spoken word, I find books a bit easier - but I do remember a time books gave me headaches and podcasts were manageable in short bursts!)

Weather here is very nice, window open with fresh air and all that, which is much more pleasant than closed-up Winter ☀

Take care everyone, and best of luck for the first week of Spring 🙂

• Morning Everyone,
    What a great day yesterday in the Wimmera; a little windy but it blew out the cobwebs in my brain. It's a if Spring arrived on cue and I took some time to enjoy all that it brings. It's great to be able to open the doors and let the fresh air in. Motivation can be quite low during the colder months and is hard enough to recapture when dealing with lockdowns, and ME/CFS. I always see Spring as the beginning of a new year and tend to celebrate more than New Year itself. I'm not talking about party times (those times are far and few, or rather non existent since ME crept in). I danced on the inside yesterday and I felt a flicker of motivation. I'm going to try and set a few new routines in the house just to change it up a bit. First up is moving some decor objects around ; low energy stuff. My motto today is change the view for a new you! ... bit tired of looking at the same stuff and the same walls: Craving something new ... I hope Spring has brought a sense of hope and desire to everyone and sparked a sense of motivation in your everyday lives, even if it is only moving a few ornaments around ... Have a lovely day everyone ...🐦

• Hi @Dot ....thanks for the podcast link ... will take a listen sometime today ... 🌸

• @crashdummy Yes I noticed a spring in my step yesterday, even if it was a small one. It’s lovely to be able to let the fresh air in and give the house an airing. And it can make a difference just moving a few objects/ornaments around to achieve a sense of change and blow away the doldrums. 💨

• Happy Spring from WA ☀️The first day of Spring was freezing and blustery here - we even had 3 mini showers of hail!

Today is cold, but sunshiny so I have celebrated making it through another work week by putting some towels out to dry and feeding the wild birds in the garden. Being outside in nature always lifts the spirits.

I admire your composting, @Dot I hope you will get away with it and feel okay 🤗. @crashdummy and @Glimmer they say that change is as good as a holiday so enjoy moving things around for a lovely fresh view.

I hope the sun is shining wherever you are today 🤗🌼🌿

• Good morning.
    I minded granddaughters yesterday (4 and 7). Even more work than compost! 😄 😄 😄
    (Also, even more loved than compost)
    I'm taking it easy today.

Isn't it interesting with radio, books, tv, podcasts etc how we can cope with this or that, or at different times or only particular ones. Music too.

And I was very quick to complain the second our Spring weather went from gloriously warm and sunny to nasty, windy and hayfevery. Back to cold and rainy now though! 🌧

But at least no hail @artist55 ! Hello to those beautiful birds!

But it is so true @crashdummy there is a spring in my step too. Hooray.

I hope you have a lovely change of view now!

Best wishes for today. 🌹

• @Dot I listened to the 1st podcast from your link -very interesting, but I nodded off halfway through. So I’m thinking it may be a good sleep aid, so I’ll listen to it when I can’t get to sleep! And there’s a year’s worth there. 🤗. Enjoy your “day off”.

• @Glimmer Ha, that is how I listen to it too, and I wake up a lot through the night so I have to guess vaguely where I was up to. Which means I am going through for the fourth time and still finding out new things 😄
    But when something in it is really gripping I listen to it again during the day.
    (I really think it has helped me have better sleep, but I didn't want to say that as it does such a disservice to the brilliant information in the podcast).

• Morning all ... I was just thinking how hopping onto the forum daily has created a routine that I do enjoy and I look forward to the 'catching up' with everyone. Six months ago my world felt very small and finding ways to open that up seemed near impossible. I am so grateful for having this as an outlet to connect to likeminded people and I feel I have made some lovely friends out there in the world. I'm probably sounding a bit emotional about it but rightfully so, when what was before, is slowly parting from my world. I believe I have more confidence and courage to participate in whatever I am able to. I didn't get around to listening to the podcast as yet @Dot but I did move some stuff around in my loungeroom. I keep wondering about the little children and the effects of lockdowns on their lives as it is all over the news. You may have seen some this at work @artist55 .... engaging the children in art must be a wonderful outlet for them. @Glimmer hee hee ....at least you got some sleep . Hope everyone has a great day and manages through without too much difficulty ... 🤓

• @Dot Ah ha. I think you’re onto something here. You’ll have the CFS community well informed of the English language…. And sleeping better. Well we can hope.

• @crashdummy I agree with all you say. Yes I feel like I have a new family out there, and more importantly, one that understands.

• Community Moderator

Such a lovely way to put it @crashdummy and @Glimmer I have been wanting to say for ages how much I appreciate the daily chat even though I haven't contributed to this thread. I really hope it doesn’t sound voyeuristic but reading them feels like I’m involved in a chat over a cuppa between supportive friends who understand you want the company but don’t have the energy to talk right now.

• Good morning,
    And special good wishes to the lovely dads out there on Father's day. ⭐

It was so good to read those comments about the sense of community here @crashdummy @Glimmer @gretch . And so nice to think there might be others who start their day reading our chat, even if they haven't commented yet.
    Cuppas for everyone! ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕ ☕

Extraordinary news! I tidied my desk yesterday! Completely tidied it so I could even wipe it over! Pretty sure that was the first time this year. My new view @crashdummy 😄

Haha @Glimmer the podcast could be recommended treatment for ME/CFS

Today I am hoping to get out and give Bernard Black and Fran, the compost bins, some care. They have been eating too many table scraps and not enough dry food, so I have a whole block of sugar cane mulch to make them happy. (My covid mask is so appreciated with a job like this).
    Note to self: just add a bit, don't wreck yourself doing the whole job today.

I hope you have some small, sensible and enjoyable task you can do today that makes you feel like progress has been made.

Best wishes all 🐢

• Good morning everyone 😊What lovely messages you have all been posting and I agree wholeheartedly about the sense of community and support 💕

It’s hard to know what the long term affects on children will be, but most little children amaze me with their resilience and acceptance of things that might send the rest of us into ostrich-mode @crashdummy. Maybe their imaginations and rich fantasy lives help them to cope and adjust?

The sun has come out here in WA so I’m off to spend some time in the garden. Stay safe x

• Morning to everyone ... there is some sun here today so I will attempt to do the same @artist55. I really want to get some herbs growing and I will have to wait for lockdown to be over to buy the seedlings. I'm just going to prepare the pots and area for them. I like to grow parsley, oregano, dill, and thyme as well as spring onions. We do have a community garden here in town but getting there and having the energy is another barrier. One good tip is to grow the herbs, wash and cut to fill ice cube trays and cover with water. Freeze the trays of herbed water cubes and when ready for use in recipes just throw a few cubes into the cooking. I find herbs easy to grow and low energy required plus they look great in decorated pots ... Hope everyone has a great day ... take care 🌱

• Good morning from sunny Melbourne and a creaky Dot,
    Guess who carefully didn't overdo it putting the mulch into the compost bins but then decided to fill the strawberry tower and it took about an hour of hard work and yikes the consequences re payback are awful.
    Yes, yours truly. How did you guess? 😥

@artist55 I think you are on the money about children. Generally they are extraordinary little balls of resilience, let's hope we can make the most of that resilience with all manner of care and support.
    I hope they are being lovely little balls of resilience in your classes today.

Lovely herbs @crashdummy I have also got parsley. Everywhere! And thyme, oregano and a battling little clump of chives. Plus a big rosemary bush by the gate with the bluest flowers! I grew it from a cutting from a bush I saw, especially for the wonderful rich blue. Whenever I buy a bunch of spring onions I plant the bottom inch and get to cut more stems. Great iceblock idea.

Well, I am taxi driver, for a friend with more complicated health problems than me, this afternoon. She is needing radiotherapy and has physical difficulties from a bad car accident years ago and a lot of anxieties from being autistic in a lifetime of being misunderstood. She is dreadful with time so I know in advance that driving her to and from hospital will be a whole lot more complicated than the plan. So I am going to have a lovely hot soak in the tub and then rest until it is time to be ready for her, and remind myself it won't be as hard as building a strawberry tower!

I am just off to look at my amazing strawberry tower and think about all the pleasure it will bring (and hope I will be more sensible when the time comes to rebuild it in the future).
    🍓 🍓 🍓

Best wishes to everyone today.

• A nice fresh morning here,
    My strawberry tower is still settling in, but so far so good.
    My chauffeuring went well.
    I accidentally kicked the water bowl of Miso the cat and got water all over the kitchen floor, to start the day.
    That's the news from my home! What is happening in yours?

Best wishes for a good day with at least one surprisingly nice thing happening. 💐

• Morning @Dot .... It is chilly here this morning as well .... Minty was very verbal, wanting her chicken with gravy cat food and drove me mad as she insisted I tend to it immediately! Are you growing the strawberries from seed or seedlings ? I haven't grown them before but would like to try.

• Good morning @Dot. Good that the chauffeuring went well. It was nice of you to do that and hopefully you keep well. I will look forward to a photo of big red strawberries. And it seems like it’s cat dilemma time. Also @crashdummy. I gave my cat some dry food this morning, but unfortunately I put them in the water bowl which she wasn’t impressed with, and it’s messy to clean up. 😏

• @Glimmer A blooper morning ... with cats and water!