Online Peer Support Groups for Carers of people living with ME/CFS

• Most people don’t know that carers make up approximately 11% of Australia’s population. Family members and carers are so important that Emerge Australia has championed support initiatives for carers of people with ME/CFS.

We are hosting two online Zoom support groups for carers to connect with other people who just “get it”, with the guidance of an experienced facilitator.
    💙 Parents of adult children living with ME/CFS on Tuesdays at 12 pm (first session on the 7th of September)
    💙 🌟NEW group🌟 Partners of people living with ME/CFS on Thursdays at 12 pm (first session on the 9th of September)

Our Online Community Groups Program is delivered over eight sessions, which are held fortnightly. Each group is able to set the agenda for the topics they would like to discuss. Previous topics covered in prior carer sessions include:
    💙How to talk about ME/CFS with your wider world and/or the medical profession
    💙Getting the Balance Right (your person’s autonomy, dignity, independence). How to respect their boundaries and needs
    💙Thinking about the Future: discussion on aging and/or illness and caring for your person long term
    💙Thinking about self-care for the carer

Both groups are free to join and you can book your place now. We do offer an option for a financial contribution to be made to cover the cost of the group, however this is not compulsory. We encourage people living with ME/CFS to suggest these groups to your family members and partners.

There are only six spots available in each group, with a first-in approach. Click on the link below to read more and secure your space in these supportive groups.
    Both groups are free to join and you can book your place now. We do offer an option for a financial contribution to be made to cover the cost of the group, however, this is not compulsory. We encourage people living with ME/CFS to suggest these groups to your family members and partners.
    https://www.emerge.org.au/blog/carer-online-peer-support-groups