August Chat

• @Dot Iโ€™m trying to visualise all of those big trucks. And the medal jar ๐Ÿฅ‡. Iโ€™m relieved I managed to go shopping this morning. Itโ€™s taken me a week doing rest and recovery to be able to get there, and then itโ€™s now another repeat of that for the following days. I think Iโ€™ll have to start thinking online shopping. Enjoy your post granddaughter rest!

• Community Moderator

Hello Dot, Glimmer and everyone else ๐Ÿ™‚ Sorry to be so quiet of late - been a bit below par and still am, but wanted to say a quick hello at least. Currently post-Pfizer (not terrible - milder reaction than expected - but a bit wobbly in a way a bit like medium-length PEM - I'll be sure to post in the appropriate thread once it's run its course and I've got the full story ๐Ÿ™‚ ).

Great work on looking after the little one Dot, and I hope the day after wasn't too rough, and on going shopping Glimmer - excellent work, and very much medal-worth ๐Ÿฅ‡

• Good to hear from you @Daffy_Dave. Hope youโ€™ve got those wobbles under control, and your post vac journey is gentle. Interested to see how you go.

• Tuesday morning,

I'm cactus ๐ŸŒต

Congratulations getting the shop done @Glimmer , but did you manage to get everything put away? Especially the frozen things. I do hope so.

@Daffy_Dave So glad it wasn't a bad vacc reaction and hoping the wobbliness is less today. Infact I hope all wobbliness is completely gone.

Well I really need to rest today but my dustmite reaction is letting me know I had better strip the bed and wash all the mattress and pillow protectors. Sigh. I will try and do it in incremental steps with rests in between, lots of drinks of water and plan for as little as possible the rest of the week.

Hoping @artist55 is making all the kids sit still in class and draw up posters for understanding invisible illnesses.

Sending best wishes to everyone for a good(ish?) day.

Throw another medal into that huge glass jar!

• @Dot Shopping put away but of course I forgot a few things. Grrrr.
    Stripping beds gives me the horrors. One sheet, pillow at a time. ๐Ÿ›
    Next door are laying down a concrete driveway. Lots of noise, graders etc. More grrrrrโ€™s.

• Hello everyone, it is Wednesday,
    And guess what, I did strip, wash and remake my bed yesterday.
    Talk about living my best life! ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Today will be limited to pottering around and trying to do plenty of those things on my everlasting list (take vitD tablets, back stretch, heat bag on eyes, sing a song ...)

@Glimmer is all the shopping away now? Two medals if so! ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿ…
    Hoping things are quieter on the building site today.

Sending best wishes to everyone who has woken up and thought 'Oh #*%%@$ it is going to be a bad day'. I hope it turns out a bit better than expected. ๐Ÿ€

Ciao

• @Dot @Daffy_Dave @Glimmer A quick hello from me before my crazy day starts. I hope you are all well and recovering from the weight of all your medals and responsibilities! No invisible illness posters, @Dot but we are working on a poster for RU Ok day so that might count?

Iโ€™m grateful that today is my โ€œFridayโ€ as the rolling PEM is taking its toll. ๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด

• @artist55 Well done for getting through to almost the end of your week. Hope your R & R is beneficial. An โ€˜r u okโ€™ day poster is very appropriate.๐Ÿ‘

• Good morning everyone,

@artist55 I bet they make some really precious RUOK posters and yes, they must count!
    I am so glad that Thursday is your Friday.

I must design some medals that have little hummingbird wings on them so that the more we get, the more they lift us up. Wouldn't that be handy, to just waft out of bed and into the kitchen to fill up the water bottle?

Sending good wishes to everyone. Let us know how your day is. Have a whinge if it is terrible, or let us cheer along with you if something good is happening.

• I made it through another week ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ Good news is that boss man has agreed to halve my hours next year and hold my position until 2023. ๐Ÿคฉ No petrol left in the tank so itโ€™s off to bed. Good night everyone!

• @artist55 Thatโ€™s great news to end your week. You must be feeling very relieved. ๐Ÿค—

• Good morning,

A short hello as I have been up for two hours and need a lie down. ๐Ÿ™„
    But just in case I don't get up again for a while, I will just say hello to everyone.

@artist55 I hope you are happily lying down too. Hooray for adjusting work for next year. ๐Ÿ•ถ

@Glimmer is the concrete driveway all done? Surely it is.

Best wishes everyone.

Miso the cat has settled on my knee so I will just find a nice haiku to share to give her a bit of time before I ruin everything by moving.

(I don't know who wrote this)

Patient little snail
    Slides across the morning dew
    In the zen garden

Bye now

• @Dot how is miso coping with the new cat?

• @Dot Oh I like that little saying. Iโ€™ve been a snail for awhile, but Iโ€™m hoping that Iโ€™m emerging into a tortoise now, but better not speak too soon. No, the concreting still isnโ€™t finished. They seem to take forever doing the grading, so the concrete hasnโ€™t been poured, and now with lockdown back on, there may be a further delay. Definitely canโ€™t sing about good vibrations at the moment. ๐Ÿ˜–

• @Glimmer so sorry about the stressful noise and the lockdown too. We narrowly avoided lockdown this week, but remain ever watchful ๐Ÿ˜œ Wishing you some noise canceling headphones and a restful weekend!

• @Dot Iโ€™m still in bed and will be taking it easy until later today when Iโ€™ll have to go out to buy a birthday gift. I loved your little snail poem !

• Saturday,
    Ha yes, that haiku puts a nice spin on how slowly I am moving through the zen garden of life at the moment.

@iris Miso the cat is managing to avoid the new white cat with the blue collar (who is lording it over the neighbourhood from one end of the street to the other) but I did see Miso drinking out of White Cat's bowl so that must be her way of holding her own, haha. ๐Ÿˆ ๐Ÿ’ฆ

@Glimmer Oh grr re the driveway. Might they take a break over the weekend? Or just get it over and done with for goodness sake!

@artist55 Glad to hear you got a big lie in, and I hope you found a lovely present.

Take it easy everyone, I hope there are lots of little pleasures to find through the day.
    Off for a pot of coffee to be my next little pleasure.

Best wishes and all good things

• @Dot thanks for your news about miso. Miso has it all sussed out. We had a fox living under the house next door. It was using my back yard as a killing field, all that was left of the magpie s were the feathers.

Hopefully this lockdown won't last too long

• @Dot at mention of the lockdown how does this affect you with regard to seeing your daughter and granddaughter s?

• Hello, it is Tuesday already! How did that happen?
    I've been crook with a sore throat (covid test negative) and I am so relieved to be getting back to my usual dreadful health. A couple more days I think.

@iris Oh dear, poor magpie.

So glad the regions are out of the lockdown. Cheers everyone in regional Victoria!

I think I caught the sore throat from a grandchild (kindergarten) because they needed some compassionate support last week. My daughter is on top of things now (or she was yesterday).
    Otherwise I catch them on facebook video, which involves me lying down holding my ipad and them squealing 'grandma! grandma!' and playing with the filters etc.

Hello to everyone, how are you finding things today? Sending a big cheerio!