Hello from Perth

• Hello @Maryanne pleased to meet you here on the forum. 🤓

• Hi, Maryanne. Please to meet you!

• Hi Maryanne, I was off being too crook for anything when you introduced yourself here. How are you going now?

Did all those ME/CFSish symptoms begin 10 weeks ago? Dreadful. I do hope you find some support and comfort here, and some good help out in the medical world.

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that you can recover and return to work. Early childhood teaching takes lots of energy, but brings so much delight.

I hope you can rest and do all the basic healthy things like eating good food and drinking lots of water, while you figure out how to get the help you need.

The housekeeping can wait! (mostly) Just rest and be kind to yourself.
    Best wishes and all good things

• Hi Maryanne,

I’m so sorry you are having a hard time and I hope you find answers and some relief soon. People on Emerge have been so lovely and supportive. I’m sure you will be happy here.

• Thank you so much for your replies. Receiving messages of support are such a huge help and makes me feel less isolated. I am in the process of changing doctors and hoping my new doctor will have more experience with chronic fatigue. What I really want is an action plan, something that can give me guidance to help me to stay within my energy envelope. It would also make me feel a bit more in control and that I am taking steps to help my recovery. Thank you again for making me feel so welcome 🤗

• Thank you Dot for your very kind message. I am so sorry to hear you've had a bad spell and hope you are now managing to do a few more things that make you happy. I am still unwell but remind myself that things could be a lot worse. I just want a plan to help me navigate the way forward and to feel optimistic about the future.
    You take care. I send you lots of good wishes.
    Maryanne

• @Maryanne the teacher in me wants an action plan too 😂We like things to be orderly and with neat solutions! I tend to think of my me/cfs as being a bit like my little students- unpredictable, ever-changing, with a mind of its own!

I haven’t quite got the hang of pacing yet as I’m new to the game too, but I did download the app on the Emerge site which might help when my foggy brain works out how to use it😂 I will follow this thread with interest. All the best in your search for a new doctor.

• @artist55 your message made me smile! I loved your analogy of CFS and little children. Such a positive response. Thank you for cheering my day🤗.

Ps. Just downloaded the pacing app. I'll let you know how I go. Thank you for recommending. All the best to you.

• @Maryanne I’m happy to have made you smile 😊 Best of luck with the app. If you get the hang of it - let me know. I can’t get my brain around the weighting of activities (ironically as teachers weight grades all the time)😂

• @artist55 I read @Maryanne had downloaded the Pacing App so I’ve done the same. And the same as you I got to the 1st “page” and can’t get through the fog of the different steps of activity. So I’ve put it aside for another time. ☺️ Hope you have a good week.

• @Glimmer hahaha 😝 what a pair we make! I even looked for a video because I’m more in ‘monkey see, monkey do’ mode atm!

• @Maryanne Good luck with the new doctor you find!

I have been referred to an Exercise Physiologist who understands chronic illness, including ours. Her aim is to help with an action plan. It might be worth asking the doctor if there is someone like that near you.

The pacing app might be just as good! It is ALL about pacing. 🙂
    (Think what you can do and halve it, think how long it will take and double it).

Having a debilitating chronic illness is terribly hard, but there is optimism. You are suddenly within a whole hidden population of the the ill and disabled and there is a lot more reality here. Reality is our friend.

Hoping today is an easy day. Best wishes.