Roses and Thorns

• @Glimmer Oh no, what a dreadful run with the beautiful Hannah. That is so much what I am afraid of. Just like @gretch I thought 'that is a lot of thorns around your rose!'
    I worry that I will not be well enough to care for Miso when she gets very old, and I feel sick thinking of that decision.
    Miso started off as my daughter's cat and she is one of those toroiseshells that is nearly all black with bits of gold. Hence 'Miso'.
    I make a lot of miso soup so I need to specify which I am talking about! 😄
    Miso Feb 2020 (2).jpg

• @Dot Lovely to meet you Miso. Lovely girl. Hannah is now ten and she may not live a long life which is something I don’t want to think about.
    This is Hannah keeping me company on my bed.0A1F6755-0449-4B7B-B39F-E160CBB376DB.jpeg

• @Glimmer Ooh isn't she scrumptious and that lovely thick fur. She absolutely does not think there are any thorns around her at all!

• Todays' rose was the sun. I was outside for an hour, just sitting and slow movements; managed to check on a few plants and then I felt the dreaded feeling of needing to get back inside. My body ached all over and my spine felt like it was going to crack. The pain running down my spine, behind the bones, made me feel nauseous and completely negated the pleasure of being out. It feels like I'm hunched backed yet all is visually fine. It is hard to explain this symptom ... definitely a thorn. 🥀

• @crashdummy l hope that symptom has passed, it sounds terrible

• Hi @iris It is slowly easing .... Overdoing things can even mean just doing the slightest thing ... so frustrating but it happens a lot and does pass with stillness and rest. It certainly took the fun out of the day but I'm propped in a recliner, the fires going and the tv is on ... thanks for your kind reply ... 🌷

• @crashdummy I can relate to that “ dreaded feeling of needing to be back inside”. It always seems to come on suddenly and my symptoms are always in my head - literally. Feels like a huge pressure feeling and feeling weird. The rose is being able to identify that feeling and acting on it.

• @Glimmer Yep... you're not alone on this... that sudden weird pressure feeling like your head is going to explode .... the rose is treating yourself kindly, almost nursing yourself back to a more stable and comfortable level.

• Community Moderator

Hope the pain continued to ease @crashdummy. Really appreciate the reminder from you and @Glimmer that knowing what to do to gradually get yourself to the other side of the spike is a rose. So many of us spent the early years either without that knowledge or not understanding how crucial it is to be kind to yourself.

• @crashdummy So awful. Especially because you were being slow and careful. Nasty thorn. You'd think an hour wasn't too much. I do hope today is rosier.

My rose and thorns I am dealing with this morning: I worked out it was dust mite allergy making me cough and choke last year (mucous running down the back of my throat) BIG ROSE! I knew what it was and could make things improve.
    Thorns: eep I need to change bedding more often than I get homehelp. Just pillowslips and sheets today (mattress and pillow protectors next time) but I DONT NEED MORE HOUSEWORK.

• Thanks @gretch. The pain has nearly gone, without using painkillers and I 'm confident that I did all I could to alleviate it. I will follow it up with my GP when I visit next, to add the episode to the files. I think it's important to get checked after any bad onslaught, allowing the doctor to assess whether it is ME causing it and not some other problem. 🌹

• @Dot Hey I just changed my sheets (just as well it’s a single bed) and now I’m totally wiped out. The shower may have to wait for an hour or two, or three…..

• @crashdummy Yes that’s a problem in its self. Sometimes I’ll have strange new feelings, like a different type of pain somewhere new, and then there’s the concern as to whether it’s CFS or something else. 🤔

• A beautiful rose for me was being commissioned to do paintings🎨 My dream is to leave my job to be a full time artist. The thorn is I don’t think I have the energy to work and take on commissions too.

• @artist55 Oh how I wish we had a fund to pay you for six months to get your CFS friendlier career established!

• Community Moderator

@artist55 so sorry such a beautiful thing is accompanied by such a painful thing. Hope you can feel the solidarity reaching out to you.

• @gretch @Dot thank you for your kindness! I’m a stubborn old goat so I will do my best to find a way to avoid the thorns 🐐

• @artist55 I so hope you can!