Hi there everyone :)

• Just joined the forum after great chat with the Emerge nurse. Finally approaching a diagnosis after many years!

• Welcome @Bee, lovely to have you here. It is always a relief to get a diagnosis (if only that went with a quick easy cure!).

• @Bee Hi, pleased to meet you. πŸ€“

• Community Moderator

@Bee hi and welcomeπŸ‘‹

• Hi, there, Pleased to meet you!

• Finally received official diagnosis of ME/CFS today. Mostly relieved with a mix of other feelings too. It’s been evolving over many years and finally I can put a name to it.

• Community Moderator

@Bee said in Hi there everyone πŸ™‚:

Finally received official diagnosis of ME/CFS today. Mostly relieved with a mix of other feelings too. It’s been evolving over many years and finally I can put a name to it.

I can only imagine how many emotions you’re feeling. I’m glad the relief is in there too! It can be hard to adjust to the new reality, especially with no cure or effective treatments. But some do improve over time (and they tend to not be in communities like this one), so hope is still something to hold onto.

• @Simone_Em_Aus thank you

• @Bee said in Hi there everyone πŸ™‚:

Finally received official diagnosis of ME/CFS today. Mostly relieved with a mix of other feelings too. It’s been evolving over many years and finally I can put a name to it.

Yay Bee, now you are a bonafide member of the club πŸ˜‰ and you can give people a clear label for your illness. Hopefully it will help clarify what you can do, and not do, to keep your symptoms at bay as much as possible.

• Welcome @Bee to our group. I am pleased you have finally got some answers and acknowledgement of all you have been through to get here!
    I hope you have a couple of good people around you to support and help you along the journey ..... if not you have all of us here πŸ˜€πŸ¦‹πŸŒΈ

• @Tess that means a lot, I really appreciate being able to take part in this forum

• Hi,
    ME/CFS since late teens in mid 1970s possibly since childhood, been involved over the years in international CFS research and internet chats groups. Have been a patient/research subject/recipient in local (RAH/UofA) research studies, previous leader for a number years for an adult support group and a trained lifeline councillor for ME/CFS. Dxd as up to 40% in low total body Potassium (K) and also have adult onset T1D and using CGM and Pump. Have been a patient of a multi disciplinary panel at the RAH Pain Management Unit who confirmed my diagnosis. I have researched and documented pain management for CFS pain. I am familiar from personal experience of most of the 18 to 25 'common' symptoms and know of many more, have a Daughter who was (is) a PWC as a teenager. Am an Ex-Serviceman, Ex-Police officer, worked in defence, self employed in IT and worked for UofA as an Electronics lab tech, now retired. Married 47 years with three adult children, 7 grandchildren and two lovely Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

• Community Moderator

Welcome Terry, that's a lot of experience you've got there πŸ™‚ Great to have you on the forum πŸ™‚

• @Terry Hi Terry, welcome.... I wish I had read this post first, before the post in the ''To dare to Dream'' .... and I thought experience within a support group was great ... you've got it all going on .... I was dizzy reading the repertoire ... great to have you hereπŸ€“