How do I do a link?

• Could you please tell me how to do a link? Yesterday looch asked me to do a link and I didn't know how to do it. I am on a mobile.

Thank you

• Community Moderator

@iris Hi Iris - it depends a bit on your mobile browser, but if you can find a spot that shows the web address, often if you push and hold it'll give you an option to 'copy' it, and then you can push and hold again in a post here and it might give you an option to 'paste'. If that doesn't work, which mobile operating system and which browser do you use? (as in Android, Apple, Microsoft, etc) Let me know how you go, and good luck 🙂

• @Daffy_Dave thank you for trying to help me , I am totally confused. The mobile is android

• Community Moderator

@iris Thanks - the below is in a example with screenshots (showing exactly how boring my phone internet use is!) about how to share links in Chrome. I was going from memory above, which was a bit optimistic, as I missed a step!

The first method is to locate the web address - at the top of the screen below
    Small URL-A.png

If you push and hold in this, it brings up the screen below, and if you select the second icon to the right of the website name (the middle icon, that looks like two pieces of paper on top of one another), that will copy the URL. You can than push and hold in the box on the forum where you write posts, and select paste, and it should paste.
    Small URL-B.png

The second method is to click on the three dots that stand for "more option", that are often in the top-right of the screen. From here, select "Share"Small URL-D.png

This should bring up something like the screen below - select "Copy Link", and you should be able to press and hold in the box on the forum where you write posts, and select paste, and it should paste.
    Small URL-C.png

Let me know if either doesn't work, or your browser looks different. Don't worry that it's a bit confusing - IT is, by it's very nature, confusing! Best of luck 🙂

• @Daffy_Dave

It brings up copy to clipboard and then that doesn't go anywhere useful,..i.e.not copy link

• Community Moderator

@iris All good - "copy to clipboard" should do the same thing (sorry about this - even for Android phones, different companies have differences in the operating systems and terminologies, making everything far more complicated than it need be!) - try "copy to clipboard", and then see if you can press-and-hold and if a "paste" option turns up. Let me know if you don't have any luck - but it sounds like we're getting there - great work on persevering 🙂

• @Daffy_Dave

It comes up with unpin and app info

• Community Moderator

@iris Thanks for continuing to push through with this, and I'm sorry this is so painful 🙂 Where are you pressing where it comes up with that?

• @Daffy_Dave

When I press copy to clipboard

• Community Moderator

@iris I'm guessing a bit here, but after you've pressed "copy to clipboard", get out of the bit that says unpin/app info, and try pressing and holding in a "post" box here - good luck 🙂

• @Daffy_Dave

Hi Daffy Dave. You've been very patient with me. No luck so far, will persist. You've taught me a few things I didn't know. Thanks for all the work you do

• Community Moderator

@iris I'm sorry I haven't been able to sort it - thanks for persevering 🙂