New to the forum

• Global Moderator

Welcome @Carolyn26, @Katt and @KC-Snowbunny , great to have you on the forum and we hope you enjoy being part of the community ๐Ÿ™‚

• @Daffy_Dave thank you ๐Ÿ˜€
    Iโ€™m going to spend a little time trying to catch up a bit on everyone and find things ๐Ÿ˜‚
    The good thing about being here with the ME/CFS family is we are all in the same boat trying to stay afloat! ๐Ÿค—

• Hi everyone I'm Maggie and I have no idea what I'm doing! I've only ever used Instagram (and not well haha) and I've never used Facebook so I was wondering if there is a tech area that I could go to so I'm not pushing anything I shouldn't be.
    I'm 54 and I've lived with ME for 4.5 years. I had been through the initial onset and homebound for 3 years and then started to do things with the ups and downs of crashing but nothing major until last weekend. Worst I've ever been but, I'm so grateful and excited about this site/community because I need to accept what is...
    Hello everyone I'm so pleased and blessed to meet you all and no I'm not a religious freak hahah

• @maggiemac hi , Iโ€™m Tess.
    Iโ€™m a bit the same as you.... Iโ€™ve just been clicking on things to find out what they are ๐Ÿ˜€
    I found out I was accidentally trying to like my own post when I clicked on the up arrow ๐Ÿ˜‚

I donโ€™t think you can do anything drastic and the good thing to remember is lots of us are feeling the same way I think.
    ๐Ÿค—

• @maggiemac also if you scroll back up on this page to @Daffy_Dave , he had a section there, a link you can click on with tips of how to use the forum.

I hope that helps you ๐Ÿค—

• Global Moderator

@maggiemac Welcome Maggie ๐Ÿ™‚ Don't worry, there shouldn't be anything you can push that can break anything (the only thing you should be able to do is delete your own posts, and that's only by clicking on the word "delete" in the post options menu) so don't be afraid to experiment ๐Ÿ™‚ If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask in the technical support area (if you ask there, then if others have a similar question they can see the answer). I'm sorry to hear you're in a big crash at the moment - it sounds like the most important thing you shouldn't push is yourself ๐Ÿ™‚ Take care, and I hope you can rest through the PEM as best as possible.

• Good to know. Great to be here.

• Hi all, Iโ€™m Tanya, Iโ€™m 49 and I think Iโ€™ve had a fluctuating mild to moderate version of ME most of my life, but I kept pushing and powering through, running on adrenaline. Everything culminated in 2016 when it all came crashing down and I could no longer keep pushing through. Iโ€™m now basically housebound and havenโ€™t been able to work since being medically discharged from Army in 2019. Iโ€™m very fortunate in that I have a wonderful family who are all very supportive and will do whatever they can to help me. I spend most of my days on the couch where I crochet, drink peppermint tea and chill watching Netflix/TV. The symptom I find the hardest to accept is the decline in cognitive function. I miss being able to think on my feet, being able to engage in and follow complex conversations and being able to โ€˜getโ€™ jokes...subtle innuendos are beyond me, unless itโ€™s obvious, I donโ€™t get it anymore ๐Ÿ˜ž My life is about to become a little richer in that Iโ€™m going to become a grandma within the next 3 weeks! Iโ€™m so excited and canโ€™t wait for our little bundle of joy to arrive! Anyway, this crocheting soon-to-be grandma needs to get back to the baby blanket currently on my hook! Thanks for setting up this forum and providing a safe place for all of us with ME to land ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Global Moderator

@TR Welcome Tanya, and while I'm very sorry you have ME, congratulations on your upcoming grandma-hood ๐Ÿ™‚

• @passiflora said in New to the forum:

Looking forward to comparing some management techniques/life hacks!

I love that description - life hack ๐Ÿ˜‰