What Television programs do you enjoy watching when energy allows?

• I enjoy documentaries especially such as David Attenborough wildlife series, the old type of mini series set in a past era such as 'Call the midwife' and 'Heartbeat'. Recently I am enjoying a bit of Nostalgia with the old David Hasselhoff series of 'Baywatch' and Knight rider' which I remember watching as a child. It is good reliving child hood memories.

• I’ve been trying to focus on comedies, I always feel better after a good laugh. ABC Aftertaste is very good if you like Aussie TV/film.

And I watched the movie Yesterday. Interesting idea, I really enjoyed it, more laughs.

• I love David Attenborough as well, and documentaries in general. I can't handle loud noise, lots of camera movement, or medical trauma anymore so I have to try and find things to watch that are more slow paced and "wholesome" - usually this means stuff aimed at teenagers, documentaries, and the less gritty period dramas. No more crime dramas or action movies for me 😢

Recently I watched "The Bureau of Magical Things" on Netflix and was pleasantly surprised that it's an Australian show. Not the highest quality TV out there but fun and lighthearted which is what I needed at the time. The episodes are nice and short which makes it easier to pace myself. Prior to that I watched Fate: The Winx Saga (some traumatic scenes I had to skip, but I coped with most of it) and now I've moved onto the remake of The Worst Witch (are you sensing a theme? Lol). I was binge watching The Crown until I ran out of episodes.

Documentaries I've watched recently include "Mucho Mucho Amor" and David Attenborough's "A life on our planet". I want to watch Crip Camp next.

• @donnamarie said in What Television programs do you enjoy watching when energy allows?:

I enjoy documentaries especially such as David Attenborough wildlife series, the old type of mini series set in a past era such as 'Call the midwife' and 'Heartbeat'. Recently I am enjoying a bit of Nostalgia with the old David Hasselhoff series of 'Baywatch' and Knight rider' which I remember watching as a child. It is good reliving child hood memories.

Thank goodness we have tv to binge watch👏😀 I know I would be soooo lost without it. I love all the shows set in the past too. Call the midwife is great and heartbeat.
    If you liked them have you seen A place to call home.... I think that’s what it is called ..
    Also Downton Abbey & Ones I’ve mentioned somewhere else here before to as Outlander Sanditon, Belgravia, there are so many others...
    I am currently watching Reign, at first I thought some of it was bad acting and then I realised they are really doing that on purpose because the whole show is a bit over the top at times and I find it really quite funny! Love some of the costumes too....

• @Looch said in What Television programs do you enjoy watching when energy allows?:

I’ve been trying to focus on comedies, I always feel better after a good laugh. ABC Aftertaste is very good if you like Aussie TV/film.

And I watched the movie Yesterday. Interesting idea, I really enjoyed it, more laughs.

I agree it’s so important and good to break up a day to watch something funny. I often find myself watching a rerun of shows like Frasier, Doc Martin, Friends ... they always make me feel good and I seem to forget what happened anyway 😂

• @river said in What Television programs do you enjoy watching when energy allows?:

I love David Attenborough as well, and documentaries in general. I can't handle loud noise, lots of camera movement, or medical trauma anymore so I have to try and find things to watch that are more slow paced and "wholesome" - usually this means stuff aimed at teenagers, documentaries, and the less gritty period dramas. No more crime dramas or action movies for me 😢

Recently I watched "The Bureau of Magical Things" on Netflix and was pleasantly surprised that it's an Australian show. Not the highest quality TV out there but fun and lighthearted which is what I needed at the time. The episodes are nice and short which makes it easier to pace myself. Prior to that I watched Fate: The Winx Saga (some traumatic scenes I had to skip, but I coped with most of it) and now I've moved onto the remake of The Worst Witch (are you sensing a theme? Lol). I was binge watching The Crown until I ran out of episodes.

Documentaries I've watched recently include "Mucho Mucho Amor" and David Attenborough's "A life on our planet". I want to watch Crip Camp next.

@river I like those kind of shows too 😀, if you liked Winx you may like shows like legacies? It’s a spin off of the Vampire diaries and the Originals... I always fast forward all gruesome bits and you still know what’s going on with the story.... if you have not seen them that is?

Merlin is good and of course Sam and Dean in Supernatural also skipping gruesome bits in that show!

I’m also following “His dark materials” on Foxtel it’s really different and I’m enjoying it.
    Reign has a bit of supernatural stuff in it...and is funny at times too.

• Yeah, they are great. I have seen some of the ones you mentioned - A place to call home, Downton Abbey, Outlander. I also watch, Poldark set back in England (Cornwall) in the 1800's early 1900's during the Spanish invasion with Ross who is both a squire and rebel! It is on ABC (channel 2 ) around 2.30 pm in South Australia. Worth a see!

• @Looch That is great. I love comedies too!

• @river That is great that you are able to watch some television and get enjoyment from it.

• @donnamarie said in What Television programs do you enjoy watching when energy allows?:

Yeah, they are great. I have seen some of the ones you mentioned - A place to call home, Downton Abbey, Outlander. I also watch, Poldark set back in England (Cornwall) in the 1800's early 1900's during the Spanish invasion with Ross who is both a squire and rebel! It is on ABC (channel 2 ) around 2.30 pm in South Australia. Worth a see!

That is so funny that you mentioned Poldark! You know I was going to say it and I forgot at the time the name so I left it off... 😂

I have watched the old one and only the start of the recent one, I need to watch the rest of it.... keep forgetting 🤣