A low-intensity thread for generally chatting

• Community Moderator

In another thread, someone mentioned that posting a new post in these threads can feel a bit intimidating. This thread is not to suggest that it should, but more an experiment to see if we had a thread for "general chat" that it created a space where less weighty discussions could be had. Try it out, and see how you go 🙂

I'll start off with my blooper for the week. I've been a bit rougher than usual, and while I have a fairly robust routine to make sure the important stuff happen, this week I managed to put the online shopping order in, but completely forgot to check it out. It was scheduled for delivery on Friday, and when I hadn't had the usual "your order is coming at time X" text by mid-morning or so, I went to check my emails, saw I had no confirmation, went back to the store, and saw the cart there, full of everything and waiting for me to finish the job! Fortunately, my routines also involve keeping decent stocks of things, so zero hassle, but a good sign I needed to rest up this weekend more than most!

What's a little story from your day/week?

• @Daffy_Dave I have done the same thing.....twice 😁

• Community Moderator

@Looch You'll get no criticism and plenty of understanding from me 🙂

• I just sent an email to someone thinking it's Tuesday and they'll be at work...but it's Monday and a public holiday today. Oops! I never know what day it is. Even when I check what day it is, I've forgotten 15mins later and have to check again.

• Daffy_Dave Oh no, you need a "power of attorney - shopping"

• Community Moderator

I hope everyone's holding up as well as possible in their respective corners - how are you going this Monday? I'm (very) fortunate enough to be able to work a little (couple of hours a day from a recliner from home, four days a week) and had last week off (bliss, random bug aside, but still nice to skip the post-work PEM for a week 🙂 ) and back today - will be good for my character!

• Super tired this morning - had a wonderfully relaxing Sunday for once, was really on track to face into Monday with a bit more confidence in my stamina, only to be thwarted by my dog... He has learned to scratch at the front door if he wants to go out the back to toilet overnight, so when I woke to scratching I plodded downstairs bleary-eyed and let him out the back. Back in we went, I locked up, then back to bed. An hour later same thing! He's not done it twice before so I was curious, waited a while to see if he was being genuine or chancing his arm, then finally let him out - lucky thing too as he definitely needed it that time! Back I went to bed and when I heard the scratching for the third time I prodded hubby and told him the dog's scratching at the front door, could he let him out. This time he plodded down the stairs, opened the FRONT door, and the dog zoomed out of the house, not believing his luck, across the road and disappeared into the blackness of the park, in his element! Hubby NOT happy - "you stitched me up!" he said, thinking he'd have to go after him. So, I trotted downstairs, across the road into the park (in my jammies!) and yelled out the code word to lure our dog back "CHEESE!". Sure enough he zoomed right back to me, past me in fact, and into the house to collect his cheese. I came downstairs this morning, only to see the hound pottering casually about out the front without a care in the world, having escaped again, but with somewhat less exuberance - maybe he's feeling a bit sleep-deprived too!

• *I use the term "trot" with poetic licence..

• Community Moderator

@Bee Oh dear - that's a bit of a rough night and quite the adventure! I hope your dog is better behaved tonight, and you're able to recover over the next few days! Take care, and best of luck for the rest of your Monday 🙂

Totally understand the use of "trot" etc - I'll still use all sorts of phrases that would get me in a lot of hot water legally if they were considered advertising (ie, wildly false advertising!)