Managing the change of seasons

• Global Moderator

I know this has been an issue for discussion many times in the past. The change of seasons seem to affect us each in different ways, but the common denominator for many of us seems to be that we’re affected.

How does the season change affect you and what helps?

• I'm not sure my issue is change of season quite so much as simply a season. I've always struggled with the heat of summer so that's been one issue. But I think with warmer weather and longer days, it's easier to push more than I can manage, which then leads to a decline in winter. I just always thought winter was a worse season for me, but I don't think that anymore.

The last couple of years one thing I've found is that it's harder to speak the longer that summer goes on. I feel like I go mute, like I simply can't speak. I can and I do, when I absolutely have to, but I avoid it as much as possible. It's also a sign that I need more rest, more quiet and more solitude. I start to feel like myself again in about April.

• @Coggles77 oh interesting - I'm not sure if I have problems with the seasons but I've noticed that most of major deterioriations have occurred over the summer. I wonder how much the heat and fluid loss has contributed to that.

• Global Moderator

@Coggles77 said in Managing the change of seasons:

I'm not sure my issue is change of season quite so much as simply a season. I've always struggled with the heat of summer so that's been one issue. But I think with warmer weather and longer days, it's easier to push more than I can manage, which then leads to a decline in winter. I just always thought winter was a worse season for me, but I don't think that anymore.

Summer is definitely hard for me in terms of OI, and winter is harder for me in terms of fibro pain.

I find the change in seasons hard too because my body struggles to adjust to the change in temperature and humidity.

• I live in the tropics and only use fans not aircon . I really like open doors and windows. Here it is either really hot or hotter the humidity is extremely high so I spend my days in my jocks, I live alone by choice so it makes it easy to jump into a cold shower many times a day after I do small things around the place. I cant see me doing that in a workplace...