Brain Fog Bloopers

• Hi everyone,
    Thought it would be fun to have a bit of a laugh. Any funny embarrassing, soul cringing moments of brain fog that comes to mind. I'll share one to get this warmed up.
    Apart from having tried to open the wrong car on several occasions (back in the good old days of still driving), I have had many embarrassing and ridiculous ,moments that still make me cringe.
    Whilst shopping at the supermarket, going through the motions on auto pilot, (back in the good old days of independent shopping), the store PA system blasted a hurried muffled message across the store. I stopped and thought for a second and proceeded as fast as I could, to the customer service area. Upon arrival at the counter, frazzled, I said '"Yes you called my name ... I'm Kate ..." the service worker looked at me stupid and said "No love we didn't mean you ... I was calling in a register girl"
    The smirk on her face still haunts me: but it is rather silly
    What was I thinking ??? πŸ€“

• Yesterday I filled the salt grinder with pepper.

Met a friend for coffee, a rare occurrence, went to the wrong cafe, resulting in me walking further, and paid the price after. But it was lovely to get out and worth it 🌞

• @Looch Sometimes we are unaware of the muddle going on in our heads until after the fact and we can only chuckle at that. Glad to hear that you walked on to meet your friend. It is so important to remain connected to our social world as much as we can. πŸ€“

• @crashdummy said in Brain Fog Bloopers:

Hi everyone,
    Thought it would be fun to have a bit of a laugh. Any funny embarrassing, soul cringing moments of brain fog that comes to mind. I'll share one to get this warmed up.
    Apart from having tried to open the wrong car on several occasions (back in the good old days of still driving), I have had many embarrassing and ridiculous ,moments that still make me cringe.
    Whilst shopping at the supermarket, going through the motions on auto pilot, (back in the good old days of independent shopping), the store PA system blasted a hurried muffled message across the store. I stopped and thought for a second and proceeded as fast as I could, to the customer service area. Upon arrival at the counter, frazzled, I said '"Yes you called my name ... I'm Kate ..." the service worker looked at me stupid and said "No love we didn't mean you ... I was calling in a register girl"

Haha I love it! I got a good laugh out of this one.
    I too have tried to open the wrong car a couple of times actually. In fact one day a long time ago I did manage to open a Telstar with my key the exact same colour and make and I got in it!
    I sat there and thought this is very clean.
    Then I realised I just opened up someone else’s car πŸ˜‚ thankfully no one noticed I just locked it and went on my merry way πŸ™ƒ

• @crashdummy said in Brain Fog Bloopers:

Hi everyone,

This is a great topic to have here.

• @Tess Haha haha ... I love the bit "I sat there and thought this is very clean" ... the look on your face once you realised would have been priceless. Absolutely hilarious and such a gracious and courteous exit out of your blooper moment. Thanks for sharing Tess. πŸ€“

• I once battled with the door of my shower for a good few minutes wondering why it wouldn't open.

I was trying to push it. The door opens outwards. I've lived here for years, of course I knew that. But I never did work it out at the time and I had to get help πŸ˜‚

• @river Brain Fog .. who wants it. I chuckled at the door battle and then sighed in sympathy at the reality of needing help. I've needed help with Brain Fog Moments soooo... many times, and I am reminded of hard it is living with this. πŸ€“ Thumbs up for sharing.

• I went to the supermarket with eye shadow on one eye and not the other and with my t-shirt on the wrong way and inside out. I made a dash to the public toilets when someone told me so as to put a quick fix to things. LOL!

• What a great thread idea.
    I had a good giggle at the "this is very clean (thanks @Tess )
    Mostly my brain fog just has me standing in rooms not knowing why I am there.
    I almost had a very painful blooper the other day, My lips were dry, I opened my tub of tiger balm, scooped my finger in, lifted it and thought "mmm clears the nose" then fortunately realised lip balm doesn't clear the nose before applying it to my cracked lips!!

• @Dio_Raven yay that you made that realisation just in time! The other day I went to put my daily eye gel into my eyes for the dry eyes we get πŸ™„..I actually had my tube of eye moisturiser and I did actually put some in the corner of my eye, it stung a wee bit and πŸ˜‚many washes later I could see again! πŸ˜€

• @donnamarie You have to laugh don't you ... what is it about going to the supermarket ...this place is a magnet for bloopers. Maybe because it's such an ordeal to get there ... we're stressed out even thinking about the effort .. love it ... maybe an inside out T-shirt day should be our thing. Thanks for sharing πŸ€“

• @Dio_Raven Ah ! yes ... the why I am here in this room? blooper... and to add salt to the wound .. product identity ... all fiends in the days of our lives... but for some crazy reason, it always makes me laugh .. haha πŸ€“

• @Tess Blooper danger ... the things we have to put up with ... honestly ... πŸ€“

• Thank you everyone for the laughs. Gotta say @Tess, wish I had of been there to see you sitting in that Tesla.πŸ˜€ Hilarious.
    One night I was watching a foreign film on Netflix with my husband and daughter and about ten minutes in I turned to my daughter and asked her to put the subtitles on for my husband as he can't hear in one ear. They both looked at me strangely even though they're so used to my brain wigging out, and my daughter patiently waited for my brain to catch up whilst telling me that the subtitles were already on. Ohhh, the light bulb switched back on and I realised I can't speak Korean after all!!! I'd been reading the subtitles the whole time.

• @SandyAtHome said in Brain Fog Bloopers:

Thank you everyone for the laughs. Gotta say @Tess, wish I had of been there to see you sitting in that Tesla.πŸ˜€ Hilarious.
    One night I was watching a foreign film on Netflix with my husband and daughter and about ten minutes in I turned to my daughter and asked her to put the subtitles on for my husband as he can't hear in one ear. They both looked at me strangely even though they're so used to my brain wigging out, and my daughter patiently waited for my brain to catch up whilst telling me that the subtitles were already on. Ohhh, the light bulb switched back on and I realised I can't speak Korean after all!!! I'd been reading the subtitles the whole time.

@SandyAtHome hehe I love it ....I also love the fact that you just did another mini blooper unless it was spell check of course....as the car I go into was a telstar not a Tesla πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Also does everyone do this?

I press the up arrow on quotes and then I can’t recall if I pressed the up arrow ....so don’t worry if you see in notifications that Tess is liking your quote a few times ....πŸ˜‚
    Considering I just did it just this minute ago ... I’m tipping this behaviour will continue πŸ™ƒπŸ˜€

• @Tess my brain read Tesla. I wonder now how many times I embarrass myself throughout the day without even realizing it!!!!

• @Tess I have done the up arrow thing too haha

• @SandyAtHome Oh, this is pure gold ... ha ha ... 'the what should have been obvious' brain fog blooper moment, kicked in for the ten minutes, whilst you were watching and then hung around that bit longer. This has the makings of a new show 'fogglebox' ... soooo ...classic fog. Thanks for sharing.πŸ€“