Automatically watching posts

• I've been wondering why I wasn't getting notified when people replied to my posts. I'm still not completely sure what's going on but I think it's because when you post a thread (or reply to an existing one) it doesn't automatically make you "watch" the thread. And you don't get notifications for threads you aren't watching. So I've been completely missing activity on my threads and I have to remember to go to the Recent tab to see what's been going on.

Is this perhaps a global setting that can be changed? You can turn of notifications for replies if you don't want to be overwhelmed by them, so I don't see it being too annoying.

• Global Moderator

@river Good question 🙂 I think this is one for the "Settings". If you go to your settings, you should see:

87f07770-83d8-4151-b722-40ed95b4051f-image.png

I haven't tested it yet, but hopefully it works. On an Android phone, it's a little bit of the way down the settings page, and looks like:

997fa8f4-d87b-4e25-90d1-aaaec8d54c45-image.png

Is that what you are looking for? My head's a bit woozy today - apologies if I've misunderstood.

• @Daffy_Dave oh thank you, that's it! I must be foggy too haha. I was in settings earlier and didn't even see it

• Global Moderator

@river You're welcome 🙂 No shame in having a dash of brain fog, I guarantee it's quite common between my ears 👂 🌫 👂