Clearing notifications

• Is there a way to mark all notifications as read?
    I'm using the website on my phone atm (it works well!) but I would like to know how to do this on both the desktop and mobile versions of the site. I'm getting a lot of notifications about upvotes and the only way I can see to clear them is to click on each one.
    Of course I realized after writing this that I can probably just turn off the upvote notifications haha. But it would still be useful to clear them...

• Global Moderator

@river Hi River 🙂 I haven't tried this yet, but at the bottom of the list of notifications there's an option to "Mark all notifications read" - is that the kind of thing you're looking for? If you've already seen this I'm very sorry for stating the bleeding obvious. I'm not aware of a way to specifically clear all of a certain class of notifications (although, as you've well spotted, it's possible to turn off notifications in the settings section for all sorts of things), but I'll keep an eye out for one.

73de7bf6-ef4b-41e6-82ab-1ca241e7a338-image.png

• Yeah, I mark all notifications as read quite often. Let me just check and see where it is on the phone..

So if you scroll to the bottom of the list there is a ‘see all’, click that and it gives you a little picture of an eye. That allows you to mark all as read. I’m on an iPhone.. !

Oh and we choose See all notifications you might then have to check that you are at the top of the page. That’s where the little eye is.

• Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for!