Approach to moderation
The Emerge Australia ME/CFS Community Forum is moderated by a small group of staff and volunteers connected to, or employed by, Emerge Australia. We reserve the right to intervene and remove posts and threads that breach the community guidelines. We also reserve the right to permanently deactivate the accounts of individuals who breach community guidelines.
Posts and threads may be removed for the following reasons:
- Breaches any of the Emerge Australia ME/CFS Community guidelines
- Is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, abusive, ableist or disrespectful (or could be perceived as such) either towards a specific member of the forum or more broadly - we want everyone to feel comfortable accessing the community and engaging in conversation
- Infringes on the privacy of individuals or service providers (including medical practitioners) or includes personal information about others such as full names, addresses, emails, phone numbers, or photographs clearing identifying a person
- Contains advertising or promotion
- Spreads dangerous misinformation (eg., anti-vaccination misinformation)
- Describes in detail, encourages, or contains methods for undertaking violence, self-harm, suicide or sexual abuse
- Provides specific medical advice
Please be aware that we may not be able to read everything immediately. It is your responsibility to maintain a safe and friendly community space. If you see a post that concerns you or if you wish to question a moderation decision, please do not discuss it openly in the forums - instead, please "Flag this post for moderation" (it's in the list of options under the three dots at the bottom-right of the post) and get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘forum moderation’ and we will respond to you as soon as possible.