Hi from Me

• Hi everyone

It's my first post and apparently my reputation is zero. How does one get a reputation here and is that a good thing or a bad thing?

What sort of day is this for me? well, I forgot my user name and my password.

I worked it out and here I am.

I am a long hauler. I got my diagnosis (finally) in 1997, after 4 years. You see it was 'all in my head' for a very long time ...they kept shoving PROZAC at me. I resisted. I knew something was wrong, but not being believed wears a person down. It is hard telling people, who have kids, that I 'feel tired'. I had two luck breaks, that helped me on my way to a correct diagnosis, but I will tell you about that another time...

Too tired to read other people intros today--but I will.

Has anyone read Unseen: the secret world of chronic illness by Jacinta Parsons? She is telling my story, eventhough, her illness is not Me/cfs. We are in this book!!

OK, everyone I hope some are having a better day than me.

Bye for now

• Hiya! Thanks for joining the forum and sharing a little of your story.

Great question about reputation. So you gain reputation by having people 'upvote' - basically 'like' your posts. Generally people are quite liberal with their upvotes (I upvote almost everything I see as I'm reading) because it's just like a little way of giving support. So, if you post more then you'll almost certainly get more 'upvotes'. If people post a lot then they'll get a lot of upvotes.. and then have a lot of reputation.

As a site admin this is the case with this account - if you click through and look at this profile you'll see there is a lot of posting.. and a lot of reputation from that. It's really much more of a measure of activity rather than popularity.

It doesn't make much difference to have a lot or a little reputation.. except there are some limits on how quickly you can post when you're new to the forum or have very little reputation. The reason for this is to help prevent spam accounts from coming in and filling the forum with auto-generated posts so it's just a little security limitation.

@Daffy_Dave has been doing a 'how to use the forum' type thread so this might be one for him to cover off!

• Hi, Dianne. Lovely to meet you.

• Hi Diane. Good to meet you.

• Hello Diane,

Your reputation is rising by the day .

Give yourself a rest which is what I need to do right now.

See ya

Vinney