Top streaming picks?

• For those who can watch a bit of telly: what shows have you watched & enjoyed lately?
    I loved the drama Rectify. It's a few years old but only just came to Stan. Aden Young and the rest of the cast are excellent. I also enjoyed Bump (Aussie dramedy with Claudia Karvan) and It's a Sin.

• Community Moderator

@Muscleburn the oldie but a goodie top pick for me goes to 'Battlestar Galatica' the remake version not the original. I'm consuming a rather embarrassing level of tv escapism right now so could probably give you a recommendation from every genre from trashy to prestige. whatever gets you thru right?

• @gretch I love Battlestar Gallactica! Have you watched Caprica? it's like a prequel, just 1 season. I also love period dramas so just binged Bridgerton on Netflix

• Community Moderator

@RebeccaNZ thanks for the reminder about Caprica will have to give it a rewatch soon. Also heard there is another Battlestar remake in the works.

• Hello all ... for those of you who liked Brigerton ....omg such good looking fellows in that show 😍...

Sanditon it’s great too! It’s on Foxtel as is Belgravia.

I love all the old time shows...
    Outlander is a favourite of mine
    Ooooo there are soooo many shows!

I am mostly housebound so I am very thankful I can binge watch tv shows... I have even caught up on many I never watched when I was younger and they have been entertaining too.
    I could go on for ever and my mind has gone a blank now 😀 ya know when you have to start googling Netflix or Stan or Foxtel so you can recall exactly what you are trying to remember ....
    Yep I just did that for the other shows tooo 😀

• @Tess I loved Bridgerton too...and Belgravia and Sanditon. Definitely a costume drama fan here too.

• @Coggles77 I’m sure you would have seen Downton Abbey?
    If not, it’s great! Maggie Smith is a superstar in it, actually the whole cast is wonderful.
    Then there is Poldark and Victoria....I like call the midwife to although I do fast forward all the bits where the woman are having their babies!
    Did I mention Outlander.....oh Jamie Frazer 😍
    Miss Fishers murder mysteries is a bit of fun and love the costumes in that too.

• @gretch I too recently rewatched BSG , so bloody good especially the score, was a bit disappointed with the end but that's true of pretty much every series except Breaking Bad

• Community Moderator

@SteamRoller love Bear Mccreary's work too. Off the top of my head the only ending to a series I can think of that I actually liked was The Americans.

• @Tess Yep, seen all of those. Have you seen North and South (BBC mini series with Richard Armitage)? One of my all time favourites!

• @Coggles77 said in Top streaming picks?:

@Tess Yep, seen all of those. Have you seen North and South (BBC mini series with Richard Armitage)? One of my all time favourites!

No I have not seen this and the cast looks great! I’ll add it to my list and I will look forward to watching it. Thank you.

• I started watching Hannah Montana with my sister. We’ve never seen it before, and we’re having a blast: it’s so funny. 😁

• Community Moderator

Might have to take back my claims on this forum about my professional level of tv viewing for my admission that I temporarily forgot there is an app for everything. So I’ve only recently discovered the apps that help you keep track of tv shows. You can set them up to let you know what’s new on each streaming platform or when favs are returning. Also provides suggestions based on the shows you are tracking. So much easier than using websites for similar info and updates. In case I’m not the only one so late to the party, you can search for them under “tv show tracker” in whatever app store you use.

• Community Moderator

Cheers @gretch, that's super-handy to know 🙂

• hmm, on Netflix I just watched The Serpent which seems to be incredibly popular right now. Only precursor is that if I'm feeling really bad it's a bit of a downer, but very gripping for my shitty attention span otherwise. I am also watching Younger on Stan, funny, charming, more female oriented, modern and a bit of fun - all the seasons are up 🙂

• Community Moderator

@Gigi-McQueen said in Top streaming picks?:

I am also watching Younger on Stan, funny, charming, more female oriented, modern and a bit of fun - all the seasons are up 🙂

I love Younger too! Well, I used to. Just watching the new eps now... definitely not as good as the earlier seasons. The show has lost its way a bit. Still fun though!